Current Affairs Quiz Set 41
Q1. Who among the following has been appointed as Google India’s head?
- Rajan Anandan
- Sundar Pichhai
- Mayoori Kango
- Mahesh Sharma
- Mayoori Kango has been appointed as Google India’s head. She is a former Bollywood actress and has worked in the 1996 film Papa Kehte Hai.
- Google South East Asia and India Vice-President Rajan Anandan will left the company to join Sequoia Capital India as a Managing Director.
Q2. Where was the first ever Global coalition for clean cooling launched?
- The first-ever global coalition on clean and efficient cooling was launched at the First Global Conference on Synergies between the 2030 Agenda and Paris Agreement, which concluded on April 3, 2019, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Cool Coalition comprises 23 members and it is supported by the United Nations, Climate and Clean Air Coalition, the Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program and Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL).
- The aim of Cool Coalition is to inspire ambition, identify solutions and mobilise action to accelerate progress towards clean and efficient cooling.
- It includes government officials from Chile, Rwanda, Denmark as well as leaders from civil society, research and academia.
Q3. Who among the following has been appointed as the as the president of Asian Football Confederation?
- Saoud Al Mohannadi
- Mohammed Al Romaithi
- Sheikh Salman
- Salman Khan
- International Women’s Day was observed on 8 March.
- The theme was “Think equal, build smart, innovate for change”.
Q4. Who among the following has been appointed as the head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar?
- Xue Hanquin
- David Malpass
- Nicholas Koumjian
- Abdulqawi Ahmed Yusuf
- Nicholas Koumjian of the United States has been appointed as the head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar.
- The Independent Investigative Mechanism (IIM) for Myanmar was established by the Human Rights Council on September 27, 2018.
Q5. RBI has set limits foe Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for the White Label ATMs (WLAs) for the first half of the financial year 2019-20. What is the limit?
- 80000 crore
- 75000 crore
- 90000 crore
- 10000 crore
- The Reserve Bank of India, in consultation with the Government of India, has decided that the limits for Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for the first half of the financial year 2019-20 (April 2019 to September 2019) will be Rs 75000 crore.
- The interest rate on WMA will be Repo Rate and overdraft will be 2% above the Repo Rate.
Q6. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director of LIC?
- MR Mehta
- Vipin Anand
- Chanda Kocchar
- Ravi Shankar
- Vipin Anand took charge as the Managing Director of the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- Anand has handled several important assignments in various capacities and departments. He was instrumental in setting up LIC's operations in Singapore and Bangladesh.
Q7. Which country has been appointed to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) for the first time?
- Iceland has for the first time been elected to the Human Rights Council.
- It filled the seat vacated by the United States, which withdrew from the body.
Q8. Which of the following is India’s first carbon positive settlement?
- Phayeng Village in in Imphal West district of Manipur has become India's first carbon-positive settlement.
- It is scheduled caste village of the Chakpa community.
- A village is given the carbon-positive tag if it sequesters more carbon than it emits, slowing the accumulation of greenhouse gases and mitigating the effects of climate change.
Q9. Which of the following has been named as the Global Slag Company of the year?
- Steel Authority of India Limited
- Tata Steel
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Tata Steel has been named as the ‘Company of the Year’ at the 14th Global Slag Conference and Exhibition 2019.
- It has been presented to Tata Steel for its innovative practices in development of new applications for Steel by-products (Slag).
- The award demonstrates global recognition of Tata Steel’s commitment towards sustainability & circular economy principles.
Q10. Who among the following is the first Indian in the FIFA council?
- Praful Patel
- Nita Ambani
- Ranjit Singh
- Karen Kaur
- All India Football Federation President Praful Patel was elected as a FIFA Council member.
- He is the first Indian to enter the prestigious panel in a landmark development.
Q11. Which of the following is India’s first vaccine for dengue fever?
- The Food and Drug Administration approved the first vaccine-Dengvaxia against dengue fever.
- It is manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur, can only be used in individuals aged 9 to 16 living in parts of the United States where the dengue virus is endemic.
- The vaccine can increase the risk of severe infection in some people.
Q12. Which city has been declared as the first UNESCO world capital of Architecture?
- Rio De Janerio
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) declared that the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro will be the World Capital of Architecture for 2020.
- It will be the first city to receive the title under a program launched together by UNESCO and the International Union of Architects (UIA) in November.
- It will host a series of events organized under the theme: “All the worlds. Just one world.”
Q13. Which country has developed world’s first complete parent-wise genome assembly of buffalo?
- Dairy organisation, National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), India announced developing a new genome assembly named “NDDB_ABRO_Murrah” of riverine buffaloes.
- The genome assembly developed by NDDB has achieved more than 99 per cent genome coverage.
- This newly developed genome assembly would provide more insights about buffalo genome and desired impetus for implementing Genomic Selection programme in buffaloes to achieve faster genetic progress in Indian buffalo population.
Q14. Which of the following countries has handed over India the first Apache Helicopter?
- The US aerospace major Boeing has handed over first of the 22 Apache Guardian attack helicopters to the Indian Air Force, nearly three-and-half years after a multi-billion dollar deal for the choppers was sealed.
- The first AH-64E (I) - Apache Guardian helicopter was formally handed over to the Indian Air Force at Boeing production facility in Mesa, Arizona, the US on May 10 .
Q15. Which is the first country in the world to declare climate emergency?
- UK Parliament passed an extraordinary measure: a national declaration of an Environment and Climate Emergency and with this the UK is the first national government to declare such an emergency.