Current Affairs Quiz Set 43
Q1. Which of the following has launched Azure Blockchain service?
- Microsoft launched its own fully managed blockchain service, the Azure Blockchain Service.
- It will allow businesses to develop their applications on its cloud-based platform.
Q2. Who among the following has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Myntra?
- Virat Kohli & Anushka Sharma
- Virat Kohli & Alia Bhatt
- Ranbir Kapoor & Alia Bhatt
- Mira Kapoor & Shahid Kapoor
Q3. Which of the following is the most valued Indian bank?
- YES bank
- HDFC bank
- Axis bank
- ICICI bank
- HDFC bank is the most valued India bank with a market cap of Rs 6.34 trillion followed by SBI and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Q4. Which of the following states launched ‘One Family One Job’ scheme?
- Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling launched the 'One Family One Job' scheme which entitles one government job for every family in the state.
- It has become the first state in the country to carry out such an exclusive programme for the people who would now be entitled to state government employee benefits.
Q5. Where is India’s first national museum on cinema situated?
- New Delhi
E- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai. It is India’s first national museum on cinema.
Q6. Where was world’s first television channel dedicated to human rights launched?
- New Delhi
- Washington DC
- The world’s first television channel dedicated to human rights was launched in London by the International Observatory of Human Rights (IOHR).
- It would be a web-based channel bringing human rights issues to audiences in over 20 countries across Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Q7. Where will be India’s first District cooling system situated?
- New Delhi
- India’s First District cooling system will come up in Amravati, capital of the Andhra Pradesh.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh has entered into a 30-year concession with UAE-based international cooling provider, The agreement between the Nation Central Cooling Company (Tabreed) for the District Cooling System at Amaravati.
Q8. Which country launched world’s first blue bond?
- Marshall Island
- Palau Island
- The Republic of Seychelles has launched the world’s first sovereign blue bond.
- These are financial instrument designed to support sustainable marine and fisheries projects
Q9. From which of the following countries India will buy Kamov 31 choppers for Indian Navy?
- The Defence Ministry approved the purchase of 10 Kamov-31 choppers from Russia.
- This will strengthen its capability against aerial threats to its aircraft carriers and large warships.
Q10. Which of the following coloured number plate will be used for all Electric vehicles?
- The Central Government has made mandatory for all Electric Vehicles (EVs) to use the green number plates.
- All EVs should use green number plates wherein the private electric vehicles will get white lettering on a green background and commercial EVs will get yellow lettering.
Q11. Who among the following is Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) first independent women director?
- Aarti Shrivastava
- Chanda Kochhar
- Sudha Balakrishnan
- Jayshree Vyas
- BSE has appointed Jayshree Vyas as its first independent women director.
- She helped in launching the first financial literacy programme in SEWA bank in 2001.
Q12. When is the World Press Freedom Day observed?
- 2 May
- 4 May
- 3 May
- 9 May
- The World Press Freedom Day is observed on May 3 annually with this year’s theme as –Role of media in election and democracy.
Q13. Who among the following has been appointed as the Prime Minister of Israel?
- Reuven Revlin
- Mahommud Abbas
- Benjamin Netanyahu
- Avigdor Libereman
- Benjamin Netanyahu was elected the Prime Minister of Israel.
- His Likud party won 35 seats in the election against Blue and White alliance.
Q14. Which of the following is the first city in the world to implement a special Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) ?
- London became the first city in the world to implement a special Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) that would charge an entry fee for older vehicles if they do not meet the emission standards.
Q15. Which of the following is the first railways station to get an ISO certification from the National Green Tribunal (NGT)?
- The Guwahati Railway Station has become the first ever railway station in the Indian Railways to get an ISO certification from the National Green Tribunal (NGT) for providing passenger amenities in a clean and green environment.
- ISO-14001 is for Environment Management System as per international norms which were upgraded in 2015.