Q1. Who among the following has been appointed as the officer On Special Duty (OSD) in the Office of Lokpal?
- Tushar Gaba
- Vijay Kumar
- Dilip Kumar
- Abhay Sharma
- Senior IAS officer Dilip Kumar was appointed as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the office of Lokpal.
- It is the first official appointment of a bureaucrat in Lokpal.
Q2. Who is the first Indian woman scientist to be elected Royal Society Fellow in 360 years?
- Gagandeep Kang
- Mehakdeep Kang
- Roshandeep Kang
- Sumandeep Kang
- The UK Royal Society elected 51 eminent scientists as Fellows of the Royal Society which included India's first woman scientist- Gagandeep Kang became a Royal Fellow while Mumbai-born Padma Bhushan awardee Dr Yusuf Hamied was elected as Honorary Fellow. The Fellowship of the Society is an incredible honour in the scientific world.
- Founded on November 28, 1660, the Council and Fellows of the Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge, commonly known as the Royal Society, is the oldest scientific academy the world which has been working continuously for 360 years.
Q3. Who among the following is the youngest GrandMaster of India?
- D Gukesh
- R Praggnanandhaa
- Parimarjan Negi
E- Chess player D Gukesh became the second youngest Grand Master (GM) in the world and the youngest Indian to achieve the feat at age of 12 years and 7 months. He became India's 59th Grand Master
Q4. Who among the following has been appointed as the force commander of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)?
- Shailesh Tinaikar
- David Shearer
- David Malpass
- António Guterres
- United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres announced the appointment of Lieutenant General Shailesh Tinaikar of India as his new Force Commander of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
- Lieutenant General Tinaikar succeeds Lieutenant General Frank Kamanzi of Rwanda who will complete his assignment on 26 May 2019.
Q5. Who among the following has been appointed as the protem speaker of the 17th Lok Sabha?
- Virendra Kumar
- Tushar Mehta
- Maneka Gandhi
- Smriti Irani
- BJP MP from Madhya Pradesh Virendra Kumar will be the Pro-tem Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
- The first all-party meeting will be convened on June 16, before the first session of the 17th Lok Sabha to be held from June 17 to 26.
- Kumar is a seven-term member of Parliament.
Q6. How many total women have been elected to the 17th Lok Sabha?
- In Lok Sabha Elections result 2019, total 78 women MPs have been elected across the country while 46 women representatives are present in the list of first time elected women MPs.
- 17th Lok Sabha will see highest number of women representatives ever.
Q7. Who among the following is heading RBI’s committee on digital payment?
- Cyrus Mistry
- Salel Parekh
- Vishal Sikka
- Nandan Nilekani
E- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) constituted a high-level committee that will work towards deepening digital payments in India and will be headed by Nandan Nilekani.
Q8. Who among the following will head the High-Level Committee for implementation of Clause six of the Assam Accord?
- P. Bezbaruah
- P. Bezbaruah
- P. Bezbaruah
- G. P. Bezbaruah
- The government has notified a High-Level Committee for implementation of Clause six of the Assam Accord and the committee is headed by former IAS officer M.P. Bezbaruah.
- It will assess the appropriate level of reservation of seats in the Assam Assembly and local bodies for the Assamese people, besides providing employment opportunities.
Q9. Where will be G-20 summit 2019 held?
- South Africa
- The G20 Osaka Summit will be held from June 28 to 29, 2019 in Japan.
- It is the first time for Japan to take on the G20 presidency.
Q10. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Minister of Sikkim?
- Jyoti Basu
- Pawan Chammling
- S. Golay
- Gita Chammling
- Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) president Prem Singh Tamang, popularly known as P.S. Golay, took oath as the chief minister of Sikkim.
- He defeated Pawan Kumar Chamling who was the longest serving Chief Minister.
- The SKM, founded in 2013, won a slender majority in the 32-member Sikkim legislative assembly by bagging 17 seats against 15 won by SDF led by P.K. Chamling.
Q11. Who among the following has been appointed as the speaker of Lok Sabha?
- Smita Mahajan
- Virendra Kumar
- Adhir Ranjan
- Om Birla
E: Om Birla has been appointed as the speaker of Lok Sabha. The Speaker of the Lok Sabha is the presiding officer of the Lok Sabha (House of the People), the lower house of the Parliament of India.
Q12. What is India’s rank on Global Peace Index 2019?
- India's rank has slipped five places to 141 among 163 countries on the Global Peace Index 2019, while Iceland remains the most peaceful country and Afghanistan the least peaceful nation.
- Australian think tank Institute for Economics & Peace ranks countries according to their level of peacefulness based on three thematic domains-the level of societal safety and security, the extent of ongoing domestic and international conflict and the degree of militarisation.
Q13. Who among the following is the fastest player to score 11,000 ODI runs?
- Rohit Sharma
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Virat Kohli
- Hardik Pandya
Virat Kohli is now the fastest to bring up 11,000 ODI runs. He reached the milestone in only his 222nd innings. The record was held by Sachin Tendulkar for nearly 17 years.
Q14. Who among the following has been elected first female President of Slovakia?
- Zuzana Caputova
- Sahle-Work Zewde
- Lech Wa??sa
- Jacinda Arden
- Zuzana ?aputová will be the first woman to hold the presidency, as well as the youngest president in the history of Slovakia, at age 45.
- Sahle Work Zewde is the first female president of Ethiopia.
Q15. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Scientist at the World Health Organisation?
- Soumya Swaminathan
- Ananya Swaminathan
- Mohan Swaminathan
- Ritesh Swaminathan
E- Soumya Swaminathan, a Deputy Director-General of the World Health Organisation has been named Chief Scientist of the WHO. As Deputy Director-General Programmes (DDP), she was one of the three DDGs assisting WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.