Q1. Which is the first G7 country to join China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) ?
- Italy became the first G7 country to join China's controversial Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- Italy's Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Rome, endorsing the global infrastructure-building scheme.
Q2. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief of Naval staff?
- Karambir Singh
- Mohan Seghal
- Naresh Sharma
- Alok Nath
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh was appointed as the Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS). He is currently serving as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) of Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam.
- Vice Admiral Singh will be the first helicopter pilot of the Navy to become the Chief of Indian Navy.
Q3. Who among the following has been appointed as the Jal Shakti Minister?
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- Uma Bharti
- Nitin Gadkari
- Piyush Goyal
- The Ministry of Jal Shakti is the apex body for formulation and administration of rules and regulations relating to the development and regulation of the water resources in India.
- It has been formed by merging of Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation and Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation.
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has been appointed as the Jal Shakti Minister.
Q4. Who among the following has been appointed as NATO’s supreme commander?
- Tod Walters
- Laura Richardson
- David Goldfein
- John W Raymond
- US Air Force General Tod Wolters has been nominated to become NATO's top officer.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation's military leader is always American, and Wolters was nominated by acting US defence secretary Patrick Shanahan.
- General Wolters is currently serving as Commander, United States Air Forces Europe, United States Air Forces Africa and Allied Air Command.
Q5. Which of the following has instituted Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman(AYDMS)?
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Human Resource & Development Ministry
- Ministry of Tourism
- Information and Broadcasting Ministry
E- The Ministry of Information &Broadcasting has instituted the First Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS) from this year to mark the contribution of media in spreading the message of Yoga. It will be conferred to Media Houses engaged in Print Media, Electronic and (Television & Radio).
Q6. What is India’s rank on the first ever SDG Gender Ixdex?
In first-ever SDG Gender Index which measures progress made in achieving gender commitments against internationally set targets, India was ranked 95th out of a total 129 countries. The Index is developed by Equal Measures 2030, a partnership effort of regional and global organisations.It includes 51 indicators across 14 of 17 official Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
Q7. Which of the following launched Confetti, its first interactive game show in India?
E- Social networking giant Facebook announced its first interactive game show, titled ‘Confetti’ in India. The interactive game will challenge participants to answer pop culture trivia questions for a chance to win ?3 lakh as cash prize every day.
Q8. Who has been appointed as the head of NTA?
- Anita Karwal
- Vineet Joshi
- NK Singh
- Bibek Debroy
- The former chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Vineet Joshi, was appointed the first director-general of the National Testing Agency (NTA), an independent body dedicated to conducting entrance tests for higher education in India.
- For starters, in 2019, it will take over all entrance examinations currently being organised by the CBSE, including UGC’s National Eligibility Test (NET), Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) and National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Q9. What is the rate of scholarship offered to boys and girls under the National Defence Fund (NDF)?
- 2500 per month and Rs. 3000 per month
- 2000 per month and Rs. 3000 per month
- 2100 per month and Rs. 3100 per month
- 2000 per month and Rs. 3200 per month
- The rates of scholarship have been increased from Rs. 2000 per month to Rs. 2500 per month for boys and from Rs. 2250 per month to Rs. 3000 per month for girls.
- The ambit of the Scholarship Scheme is extended to the wards of State Police officials who are/were martyred during terror/naxal attacks. The quota of new scholarships for wards of state police officials will be 500 in a year.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs will be the nodal Ministry in this regard.
Q10. Who among the following has been appointed as WHO’s external auditor?
- Rajiv Mehrishi
- Tushar Mehta
- Rajiv Mittal
- Rishi Kumar Shukla
- Rajiv Mehrishi, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, will be the External Auditor of the World Health Organisation (WHO) for a four-year term from 2020 to 2023.
- This is the second major international audit assignment for the CAG this year, following his selection for the post of External Auditor of the Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome in March 2019.
Q11. What was theme of Financial Literacy Week 2019 by RBI?
- Financial Literacy Week 2019 will be observed from June 3-7 on the theme of “Farmers” and how they benefit by being a part of the formal banking system.
- The messages disseminated during the week will focus on Responsible Borrowing & Agricultural Finance.
Q12. Who among the following has been as the appointed Deputy Executive Director for UN Women?
- Anita Sharma
- Anisha Bhatia
- Anita Bhatia
- Amrita Bhatia
- Indian-origin Anita Bhatia, a veteran in strategic partnerships, resource mobilisation and management, has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as the Deputy Executive Director in the global body’s agency focussed on women empowerment and gender equality.
- She has been appointed the Deputy Executive Director of the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) for Resource Management, Sustainability and Partnerships
Q13. Who among the following is the first woman fighter pilot to fly Hawk jet?
- Shubhangi Sharma
- Mohana Singh
- Hina Jaiswal
- Bhawana Kanth
E- Flight Lieutenant Mohana Singh has become the first woman fighter pilot to fly by day a Hawk advanced jet aircraft
Q14. Which of the following is the world’s southernmost city?
- Puerto Williams
- Rio Di Janeiro
- Sao Pulo
E- Puerto Williams in Chile has become world’s southernmost city after its status upgraded from hamlet to city. It took over the title from Ushuaia in Argentina which was world’s southernmost city till recently.
Q15. Which of the following is the colour of the newly launched twenty rupee note?
- The Reserve Bank of India issued new Rs 20 notes which will be greenish yellow in colour and will be a continuation of the Mahatma Gandhi series.
- The new notes will have a motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage.