Q1. Which of the following Indian states has declared Ghumot as heritage musical instrument?
- Uttar Pradesh
- The Art and Culture Minister of Goa, Govind Gaude has announced that Ghumot, an indigenous earthen drum will soon be notified as a heritage instrument of Goa.
- Ghumot is an indigenous earthen drum fashioned as a designed clay pot, with the skin of the monitor lizard stretched taut across the pot’s mouth, forming a drumhead.
Q2. Which of the following countries have been removed from US’s currency watchlist?
- India and Switzerland
- India and Japan
- Japan and Germany
- Germany and Switzerland
- The Trump administration removed India from its currency monitoring list of major trading partners, citing certain developments and steps being taken by India which address some of its major concerns.
- Switzerland is the other nation that has been removed by the US from its currency monitoring list which among others include China, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam.
Q3. When was the International Day of United Nations Peace Keepers observed?
- 29 May
- 28 May
- 27 May
- 22 May
- The International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers was observed on May 29 2019.
- The theme for this year is ‘Protecting Civilians, Protecting Peace’
Q4. Which country has conferred ‘Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen’ on PM Modi?
Prime Minister Modi was conferred with Maldives’ highest honour- ‘Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen‘ in Male, (Maldives capital) during his two-day state visit to the island country. The prestigious award of Most Honourable Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen is Maldive’s highest honour accorded to foreign dignitaries.
Q5. Who among the following is the first woman pilot of the Indian Air Force to qualify to undertake combat missions on a fighter jet?
- Avani Chaturwedi
- Shubhanghi Sharma
- Bhawana Kanth
- Heena Jaiswal
- Flight Lieutenant Bhawana Kanth became the first woman pilot of the Indian Air Force to qualify to undertake combat missions on a fighter jet.
- Kanth has completed operational syllabus for carrying out combat missions on Mig-21 Bison aircraft during day time.
Q6. According to the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP), what is the tentative national level target of the government by 2024?
- 20%–30% reduction of PM2.5 and PM10 concentration
- 40%–60% reduction of PM2.5 and PM10 concentration
- 100% reduction of PM2.5 and PM10 concentration
- 80%–90% reduction of PM2.5 and PM10 concentration
- The Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) in New Delhi.
- A tentative national level target of 20%–30% reduction of PM2.5 and PM10 concentration by 2024 is proposed under the NCAP taking 2017 as the base year for the comparison of concentration.
Q7. Which Indian state launched the PRANAM scheme?
- Assam is the first state to launch the Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) It the first-of-its-kind in the country that aims to protect elderly parents of government employees in their times of need.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the PRANAM Commission, which is a panel set up to look after the issues concerning a Bill brought in for the protection of parents of state government employees.
Q8. Who has been appointed as the SEBI’s first full-time Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO)?
- Sudha Sharma
- Arti Chhabra Srivastava
- Sudha Balakrishnan
- Divya Mehta
- Arti Chhabra Srivastava has been appointed as the first full-time Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of SEBI.
- CVOs are considered an extended hand of the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), which is tasked with detecting graft by officials holding public office.
Q9. Who among the following has been appointed as the youngest goodwill ambassador of UNICEF?
- Millie Bobby Brown
- Kylie Jenner
- Malala Yousafzai
- Hima Das
- UNICEF appointed Emmy-Nominated actress Millie Bobby Brown as its youngest-ever Goodwill Ambassador on World Children's Day in New York City.
- She has supported UNICEF's work since 2016.
Q10. Who among the following is the world’s first woman to cross Atlantic Ocean (AO) solo?
- Aarohi Pandit
- Aarohi Sharma
- Aarohi Mehta
- Aarohi Mittal
- India’s Captain Aarohi Pandit became world’s first woman to cross Atlantic Ocean (AO) solo in a Light Sports Aircraft (LSA) named Mahi.
- She is a 23 year old commercial pilot and LSA licence holder from Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- This achievement is part of her ongoing Women Empower (WE) Expedition launched with her friend Captain Keithair Misquitta
Q11. Who among the following has been appointed as the Human Resource Development Minister of India?
- Amit Shah
- Rajnath Singh
- Smriti Irani
- Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Q12. Who has been elected as the first black female bishop at the Church of England?
- Rave Rose Hudson
- Libby Lane
- Rachel Treweek
- Katharine Jefferts Schori
- Jamaican-born Reverend Dr Rose Hudson-Wilkin continues to create history in the United Kingdom, the latest being her appointment as the Church of England's first black female bishop. She led prayers at the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
- She has served as chaplain to the Speaker of the House of Commons since 2010 and later also became chaplain to the Queen.
Q13. Which Indian city is the most expensive city in Asia for expatriates?
- Mumbai is India's most expensive city and among the top 20 costliest cities surveyed in Asia for expatriates, with residential housing prices among the highest in the world, according to a survey by global consulting leader Mercer.
- Mumbai was ranked at the 67th position out of the 209 cities surveyed.
- Other Indian cities in the list include New Delhi at 118th place, Chennai (154), Bengaluru (179) and Kolkata (189).
- Hong Kong remained the costliest city in the world for the second consecutive year followed by Tokyo, Singapore and Seoul.
Q14. Who among the following has been appointed as the chairman of Arunachal Pradesh Lokayukta ?
- Dipak Misra
- Vikram Seth
- P K Saikia
- P C Ghose
- Justice Prasanta Kumar Saikia, retired judge of the Gauhati High Court, was sworn in as the first chairperson of the Arunachal Pradesh Lokayukta.
- Retired IAS officer Yeshi Tsering was sworn in as a member of the Lokayukta.
- Justice PC Ghose is India’s first Lokpal.
Q15. Which of the following countries India conducted Garuda exercise?
- Indian Air Force (IAF) and Armée de l'Air (French Air Force) are participating in Garuda VI, a bilateral air exercise at Mont de Marsan in France.
- A fleet of Sukhoi 30 fighter jets of the Indian Air Force will engage in dogfights with France's Rafale multirole aircraft in simulated scenarios as part of the 'Garuda' exercise.
- It will be one of the largest air exercise between the two strategic partners.