Current Affairs Quiz Set 48
Q1. What is the average base-rate set up for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) by the RBI?
- RBI set an average base rate of 9.18% for Non-Banking Financial Companies and Micro Finance Institutions to be charged from their customers for the quarter beginning July 1.
- RBI sets the average base rate for NBFC-MFIs on the basis of average of base rate of the five largest commercial banks.
Q2. Where is the Kaleshwaram irrigation Project situated?
- Andhra Pradesh
- The Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) is a multi-purpose irrigation project on the Godavari River in Kaleshwaram, Bhoopalpally, Telangana, India.
- It is world's largest multi-stage lift irrigation project.
- The project starts at the confluence point of the Pranahita River and the Godavari River at Kaleshwaram.
Q3. Where will be India’s first sports university situated?
- Sports university in Manipur will be first-of-its-kind to promote sports education in the areas of sports sciences, sports technology, sports management and sports coaching besides functioning as the national training centre for select sports disciplines by adopting the best international practices.
- The proposal to set up the national sports university in Manipur was initially announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while Rs. 100 crore funds for it were allocated in the 2014-15 budget.
Q4. Who among the following has been appointed as the interim chief of IMF?
- David Smith
- David Malpass
- David Lipton
- David John
E: American economist David Lipton will serve as interim leader of the International Monetary Fund, replacing Christine Lagarde who was nominated to head the European Central Bank.
Q5. Who among the following has been appointed as RAW’s chief?
- Arvind Mehta
- Arvind Kumar
- Samant Goel
- Sanant Sharma
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government appointed Samant Goel as the new Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) chief.
- Goel was in charge of operations of the agency and played a key role in planning the Indian Air Force's (IAF) attack on Balakot in February 2019
Q6. Who among the following has been appointed Intelligence Bureau Chief?
- Rishi Goel
- Amit Mehta
- Abhay Sharma
- Arvind Kumar
- Arvind Kumar has been appointed as the Director of the Intelligence Bureau (IB). Kumar is an expert on matters related to Kashmir.
Q7. Who among the following has been appointed as the chairman of Customs and Central Excise Settlement Commission?
- Sunil Kumar Das
- Sushil Kumar Mehta
- Sushil Kumar Chopra
- Sunil Kumar Sharma
Q8. When is the National Doctor’s Day observed?
- 29 June
- 1 July
- 30 June
- 27 June
- The National Voter’s Day is observed on July 1 to honour Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy and his remarkable contributions as a physician.
- This year, the theme of National Doctor's day 2019 is ‘Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment’.
- The theme is decided and announced by the Indian Medical Association. It was established in 1991 by the Central Government, to pay respect and honour Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy.
Q9. Who among the following has been appointed as the chairman of the high-powered committee of CMS to transform Indian Agriculture?
- Arvind Kejriwal
- Devendra Fadnavis
- Amaninder Singh
- Yogi Adityanath
- The Prime Minister has set up a High Powered Committee of Chief Ministers for ‘Transformation of Indian Agriculture’. It is headed by Sh Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister, Maharashtra.
- The committee will discuss measures for transformation of agriculture and raising farmers’ income and suggest modalities for adoption and time bound implementation of following reforms by States/UTs. The committee will submit its report within two months.
- The High Powered Committee of Chief Ministers for ‘Transformation of Indian Agriculture’ will be serviced by NITI Aayog.
Q10. Which of the following states has been given the GI tag for Kolhapuri chappal?
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
- The Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks (CGPDTM) has granted Geographical Indication (GI) tag for Kolhapuris, the ethnic leather chappal (footwear) to four districts in each state of Maharashtra and Karnataka. These 8 districts are- Kolhapur, Sangli, Solapur and Satara districts of Maharashtra and Belgaum, Dharwad, Bagalkot and Bijapur districts of Karnataka.
- GI tag is Geographical Indication tag and is valid for a period of 10 years following which it can be renewed
Q11. What was the theme of the International Yoga Day 2019?
- Yoga for Climate Change
- Yoga with Gurus
- Yoga with
- The United Nations proclaimed 21 June as the International Day of Yoga by resolution 69/131. The draft resolution establishing the International Day of Yoga was proposed by India and endorsed by a record 175 member states.
- The International Day of Yoga aims to raise awareness worldwide of the many benefits of practicing yoga.
- The 2019 Theme was ‘Yoga for Climate Action.’
Q12. Who is the author of the book ‘Yoga and Diet for Weight Loss.’?
- Narendra Modi
- Jaggi Vasudev
- Bijoylaxmi Hota
- Baba Ramdev
Q13. Where will be India’s first solar powered cruise rolled out?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Kerala will soon witness the launch of a solar-powered cruise ship by December this year (2019).
- This is part of an initiative of the State Water Transport Department (SWTD), which was also the department which had launched the solar ferry Aditya in 2016.
- The hybrid vessel will be powered by a motor that can source energy from solar panels, battery, and generator. Its battery will have 80 KWh (kilowatt hour) power backup, as compared to 50 KWh backup in Aditya.
Q14. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh?
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Vikram Nath
- Gita Mittal
- C Praveen Kumar
- Justice Vikram Nath, senior most judge of the Allahabad High Court, has been appointed Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Justice C Praveen Kumar had been functioning as acting chief justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
Q15. Which Indian state has launched DASTAK campaign?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath kick started the DASTAK campaign which will run from 1st to 31st July.
- Under this state-wide campaign teams will go door to door in every village of the 75 districts of the state to create awareness about the communicable diseases as well as Japanese Encephalitis (JE) and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES).