Current Affairs Quiz Set 87
- Where was the Neermahal Jal Utsav conducted?
- Andhra Pradesh
- In Tripura, the three day long traditional Neermahal Jal Utsav concluded with eye catching boat race and swimming competitions at Rudrasagar lake.
- Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb flagged off the boat race.
- Neermahal is a water palace built at the middle of Rudrasagar lake by Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya in 1930 as his summer resort being inspired by Mughal style of architecture.
- Who among the following won the Magnificent Performing Arts Award at 21st Century Icon Award in UK?
- Sonu Nigam
- Arijit Singh
- Mohit Chauhan
- Kailash Kher
- Popular Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam has been honoured with the Magnificent Performing Arts Award at the annual 21st Century Icon Awards in London.
- The 21st Century Icon Awards are the brainchild of UK-based Indian-origin entrepreneurs Tarun Ghulati and Preeti Rana, co-founders of Squared Watermelon Ltd, who said the 2019 version attracted over 700 nominations which were narrowed down to 44 finalists.
- Who among the following won the the IBSF World Billiards Championship?
- Aditya Mehta
- Geet Sethi
- Pankaj Advani
- Wilson Jones
- Pankaj Advani increased his tally of world titles to 22 by winning a fourth straight final in the 150-up format at the IBSF World Billiards Championship.
- The 34-year-old has brought home a world trophy every year ever since returning from a professional stint in the UK in 2014.
- In the short format of billiards, this is Pankaj's fifth title in the last six years.
- Who among the following won the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix?
- Charles Leclerc
- Valtteri Bottas
- Lewis Hamilton
- Sebastian Vettel
- Sebastian Vettel ended a 13-month win drought by leading a Ferrari one-two victory at Singapore Grand Prix held on 22 September 2019.
- It was the first time a team had finished one-two in Singapore.
- The victory was also a record 5th victory in Singapore for F-1 world champion Vettel, and 3rd in a row this season for Ferrari. Vettel took the chequered flag 2.641 seconds ahead of Monegasque team mate Charles Leclerc.
- Which of the following countries won the FIBA basketball World Cup title?
- Spain captured its second FIBA basketball World Cup title after defeating Argentina 95-75 in the gold medal game at the Wukesong Arena in Beijing.
- The Spaniards capped a dominant run as they finished undefeated at 8-0.
- Ricky Rubio led Spain with 20 points, seven rebounds and three assists, and was named most valuable player of the international competition.
- Which of the following articles of the Constitution of India lays down the procedure for removal of a Judge of Supreme Court which is applicable to Chief Justice as well?
- 123 (3)
- Who among the following is the second law officer of the country?
- Attorney General of India
- Solicitor General of India
- Chief Justice of India
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Which of the following is the newest High Court of the country?
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Andhra Pradesh
- Where are the headquarters of the International Monetary Fund situated?
- Washington DC
- New York
- San Francisco
- Which of the following blood cells provide immunity to the individuals?
- White Blood Cells
- Red Blood Cells
- Blood Platelets
E- White blood cells (WBCs), also called leukocytes or leucocytes, are the cells of the immune system that are involved in protecting the body against both infectious disease and foreign invaders.
- How many solar panels were gifted by India to the United Nations headquarters?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with other world leaders inaugurated the Gandhi Solar Park at the UN headquarters in New York on September 24, 2019.
- At a contribution of about USD 1 million, India has gifted solar panels that have been installed on the roof of the UN Headquarters here, one panel each for every 193 UN member states.
- The 50 kilowatt Gandhi Solar Park is the first of its kind symbolic Indian effort at the UN, which brings to focus India’s attempt to walk the talk on climate change and climate action.
- The roof-top solar park was built at a cost of US $1 million. It has 193 solar panels and each panel is powered to reach the max of 50 KWn of power generation, which will take the park’s annual output to 86,244 KWh. The annual output by the solar park will equal 61 metric tonnes of CO2, 30,242 kg of coal burned and carbon sequestered from 1,008 tree seedlings grown for 10 years.
- Which of the following states unveiled the Tikki Mausi mascot?
- Andhra Pradesh
- With an aim to spread awareness about child and woman's nutrition, Women and Child Development and Mission Shakti Department in collaboration with the UNICEF unveiled a mascot named 'Tikki Mausi'.
- The department also launched a comprehensive state-level communication strategy in collaboration with the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
- The mascot -- Tikki Mausi -- will change the behaviour of common people and make them aware about child and woman's nutrition and development in every household. The mascot has been named as 'Tikki Mausi' in reference to the second mother of a child. It is projected to spread awareness for better health care of children and their development.
- Which of the following High courts launched an official mobile application for providing digital access of its services to lawyers and litigants?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- The Delhi High Court launched an official mobile application for providing digital access of its services to lawyers and litigants.
- The application provides details of case status, display board, cause list and access to other important links of the high court website.
- The advocates registered with the high court's e-filing software will also be able to apply for e-inspection and online gate pass.
- The application, which can also be accessed by anyone as a guest user, will allow litigants to apply for issuance of new entry pass to visit the high court.
- The advocates and litigants will also be able to view the display board of the high court and the Supreme Court using the app. It will also allow them to view the high court's cause list and calendar.
- The lawyers can keep and manage their personal case diary online under the Advocate Login section. The 'important links' option of the application allows to access information on Chief Justice and sitting judges, their roster, judgments, case histories, among others.
- Recently, which of the following countries officially joined the Paris Agreement on climate change?
- Russia officially joined the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev ratified Russia's participation in the treaty, after signing an act "to accept the Paris agreement from 12 December 2015, signed on behalf of the Russian Federation in New York city on 22 April 2016.
- Russia recognized its obligations under the Paris climate accord by signing the document. Paris agreement is part of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), dealing with greenhouse-gas-emissions mitigation, adaptation, and finance, signed in 2015.
- Under the Paris deal, industrialized nations pledged financial support for developing countries for climate protection measures, technology transfer, and capacity-building programs.
- The agreement was signed by 196 countries and intends to mitigate the effects of climate change by reducing carbon emissions and limiting global temperature rise to below 2 degrees Celsius.
- Which country has lifted ban on the export of Hilsa Fish to India for Durga Pooja?
- Sri Lanka
- Bangladesh will allow 500 tonnes of Hilsa fish to be exported to India as a goodwill gesture during the Durga Puja. Commerce Ministry of Bangladesh gave the go ahead permitting export of Hilsa from Bangladesh as a one-time arrangement.
- Export of the popular Hilsa or 'Ilish' fish from Bangladesh was banned in 2012 after local business establishments called for controlling the price of fishes.
- Hilsa fish is reportedly smuggled out of Bangladesh causing loss of tax revenue to the government. In 2012, Hilsa export to India earned Bangladesh Tk 3 billion.