Current Affairs Quiz Set 90
- How many members are there in the Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC)?
- The Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC) comprises chiefs of the Army, the Navy and the Air Force and the senior most member is appointed its chairperson.
- The Chairman of COSC is tasked with ensuring synergy among the three services and evolve common strategy to deal with external security challenges facing the country.
- Where is the Joint Military Exercise KAZIND-2019 between India and Kazakhstan held?
- Joint Military Exercise KAZIND-2019 between India and Kazakhstan will be conducted at Pithoragarh from 02 to 15 October 2019.
- The exercise will comprise of nearly 100 soldiers from both Indian and Kazakhstan Army who would be sharing their experience gained during conduct of various counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations in the past.
- Exercise KAZIND-2019 is the fourth edition of an annual event which is conducted alternatively in Kazakhstan and India.
- When did Google celebrate its 21st birthday?
- 17 September
- 19 September
- 20 September
- 21 September
- Google celebrated its 21st birthday with an adorable and special doodle on 27 September.
- The search engine was founded by two Stanford Ph.D. students, Sergey Brin and Lawrence (Larry) Page, 21 years ago in September 1998. Larry and Sergey invented Google in their dormitories at Stanford in California.
- The two had published a paper about launching a prototype of a large-scale search engine.
- Before discovering Google, the two had also developed a search algorithm known as Backrub’. However, the two zeroed in on the name Google for their project because it resembled with the name googol which is a mathematical term meaning 10 raised to the power of 100.
- Which of the following declared bankruptcy after failing to reach a last-ditch rescue deal, triggering the UK's biggest repatriation since World War II?
- Cox and King
- Thomas Cook
- British travel group Thomas Cook declared bankruptcy after failing to reach a last-ditch rescue deal, triggering the UK's biggest repatriation since World War II to bring back stranded passengers.
- The 178-year-old operator had been desperately seeking £200 million ($250 million, 227 million euros) from private investors to save it from collapse.
- According to Hurun Rich List 2019, which of the following Indian cities has the maximum billionaires?
- In the Hurun Rich List 2019, Out of the Indian cities, Mumbai topped the list with 42 billionaires, while Delhi followed on the second spot with 25 billionaires.
- Bengaluru and Hyderabad were ranked third and fourth respectively.
- According to Hurun Rich List 2019, who is the richest woman of India?
- Nita Ambani
- Smita V Crishna
- Roshni Nadar
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
- No women made it to the top ten richest Indians list of Hurun Rich List 2019.
- The richest woman in India is Godrej Group's Smita V Crishna with Rs 43,400 crore, who is ranked 302 globally.
- Roshni Nadar and Kiran Mazumdar Shaw are on the second and third spot with Rs 32,800 crore and Rs 25,100 crore.
- When was the first week of International Week of Deaf observed?
- International Week of Day (IWD) was launched for the first time in the year 1958 in Rome, Italy.
- IWDeaf is celebrated annually by the global Deaf Community on the last full week of September to commemorate the same month the first World Congress of the WFD was held.
- Who among the following is the first astronaut from the UAE to fly to the International Space Station?
- Oleg Skripochka
- Sultan Al Neyadi
- Hazzaa al-Mansoori
- Jessica Meir
- Hazza Al Mansouri is an astronaut, the first person from the United Arab Emirates in space.
- On 25 September 2019 he launched aboard the Soyuz MS-15 spacecraft to the International Space Station.
- Where will be the Kalam Centre for Science and Technology established?
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of Jammu
- An memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed among Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Ministry of Defence and Central University of Jammu (CUJ) for the establishment of Kalam Centre for Science and Technology (KCST) at the university.
- The MoU signing ceremony was held in the presence of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. The main objective of the MoU is to undertake and facilitate multidisciplinary directed basic and applied research and technology development in the identified research verticals, namely, computational system security and sensors.
- KCST will be equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment leading to increase in research scholars in these areas.
- Which of the following mobile application was launched during the National Conference on crop residue Management for farmers in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi?
- CHC Farm Machinery
- CHC Farmers Machinery
- CHC Farming Machine
- CHC Farmhouse Machine
- The Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Purushottam Rupala recently launched a multilingual mobile app 'CHC Farm Machinery' during the National Conference on crop residue Management for farmers in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
- This mobile app will allow farmers to avail custom hiring services of CHCs located in a radius of 50 km. CHC Farm Machinery Mobile App connects the farmers with Custom Hiring Service Centers in their area. Farmers can download this mobile app on any android phone from Google Play Store.
- Farmers can get affordable access to cutting-edge technology at their doorsteps with the help of this mobile app.
- In order to start the impeachment process against the Chief Justice of India, how many members of Lok Sabha need to issue the notice as per Judges Act, 1968?
- For initiating impeachment proceedings against a judge, at least 50 members of Rajya Sabha or 100 members of Lok Sabha shall issue the notice as per Judges (Inquiry) Act,1968.
- Then a judicial committee would be formed to frame charges against the judge, to conduct the fair trial and to submit its report to parliament.
- When the judicial committee report finds the judge guilty of misbehaviour or incapacity, further removal proceedings would be taken up by the parliament if the judge is not resigning himself.
- Who among the following is known as the father of computer?
- Blasie Pascal
- Charles Babbage
- Ada Lovelace
- Herman Hollerith
- Which of the following is the unit of radioactivity?
E- The curie (symbol Ci) is a non-SI unit of radioactivity originally defined in 1910.
- Where are the headquarters of the New Development Bank situated?
- Washington DC
- San Francisco
- In which of the following hemoglobin is present?
- White Blood Cells
- Red Blood Cells
- Blood Platelets
E- Hemoglobin is the protein inside red blood cells. It carries oxygen. Red blood cells also remove carbon dioxide from your body, transporting it to the lungs for you to exhale.