Current Affairs Quiz Set 92
- The Ministry of Tourism launched Audio Guide facility App "Audio Odigos" for how many archaeological sites?
- Ministry of Tourism launched the Audio Guide facility Audio Odigos for 12 sites of India(including Iconic Sites). Audio guide odigo offers Government of India verified content, with visuals & voice over support.
- With Audio Odigos, tourists will now enjoy a more enriching experience and take back historical insights of the Indian culture and heritage.
- The Audio Odigos app contains an inbuilt map of the site for a smooth navigation during the tour. Listeners will be offered various versions of history like Synopsis, Detailed History and Podcasts. The audio can be chosen in their preferred language & version of the history.
- Which of the following countries launched an unarmed Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California?
- The U.S. Air Force launched an unarmed Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. The missile lifted off from the base northwest of Los Angeles and sent a test reentry vehicle on a 4,200-mile flight over the Pacific Ocean to the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands.
- The Minuteman III is nearly 50 years old, and continued test launches are essential in ensuring its reliability until the mid-2030s when the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent is fully in place.
- Which of the following countries launched commemorative coins on 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev?
- Sri Lanka
- To celebrate 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev the Nepal Rastra Bank has issued commemorative coins. In special ceremony coins of 2500, 1000 and 100 Nepali rupees were launched in Kathmandu.
- Which of the following countries will withdraw from the 14-nation Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) from January 1, 2020?
- Saudi Arabia
- Ecuador will withdraw from the 14-nation Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) from January 1, 2020 because of fiscal problems.
- It is attempting to increase its production of crude oil in a bid to raise more income and has on multiple occasions not compiled with the output quota fixed by OPEC.
- The country will continue to support efforts to stabilize the world oil market. Ecuador rejoined the organization in 2007, after withdrawing in 1992.
- The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries is an intergovernmental organization of 14 nations, founded on 14 September 1960 in Baghdad by the first five members (Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela), and headquartered since 1965 in Vienna, Austria.
- Which of the following countries unveiled the world’s most powerful missile?
- China unveiled the DF-41 intercontinental-range ballistic missile, touted to be the most powerful missile on the planet in Beijing. DF-41 has a range of up to 9,320 miles (15,000 kilometres), more than any missile on Earth.
- The missile capable of carrying 10 independently targeted nuclear warheads and could theoretically, hit the United States in 30 minutes.
- The DF-41 made its debut along with a clutch of new military hardware showcased at the National Day parade, as China observed its 70th anniversary of Communist rule.
- Who among the following has been recommended as the next chairman of Armed Forces Tribunal?
- Karambir Singh
- Bipin Rawat
- Suresh Mehta
- Rajendra Menon
- Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi recommended former Delhi High Court Chief Justice Rajendra Menon as the next chairman of Armed Forces Tribunal.
- The present chairman J Virender Singh will retire on October 6.
- Who among the following is the the first Indian musician to have minor planet named after him?
- Rattan Sharma
- Pandit Jasraj
- Amjad Ali Khan
- Shivkumar Sharma
- In a rare honour, a minor planet located in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter has been named after doted 89-year-old Indian classical vocalist Pandit Jasraj.
- The international body with authority in all things astronomy, the International Astronomical Union (IAU), has named the minor planet 'Panditjasraj (300128)' following its discovery more than a decade ago on 11 November 2006.
- Minor planets are celestial objects in our solar system that orbit the Sun but aren't planets or comets.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Spokesperson Of Government?
- Kuldeep Singh Dhaliwal
- Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia
- Kuldeep Singh Diwan
- Kuldeep Singh Dinesh
E- Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia, an Indian Information Service (IIS) officer, was appointed the principal spokesperson of the government. Mr Dhatwalia, a 1984-batch IIS officer, has been posted as the new principal director general of the Press Information Bureau (PIB), the publicity wing of the central government.
- Who among the following bagged the 'Most Effective Swachhata Ambassador' award?
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Virat Kohli
- Akshay Kumar
- Ranveer Singh
- Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar bagged the 'Most Effective Swachhata Ambassador' award at India Today Group's fifth edition of the Safaigiri Awards for utilizing his popularity and fame to ensure India achieves its goal of a Swachh Bharat.
- He has been promoting cleanliness drives in India for almost 10 years.
- He was nominated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as one of India's swachhata ambassadors’ in 2014.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Punjab National Bank’s new MD?
- S S Mallikarjuna Rao
- M Saho
- Rajnish Kumar
- Sandeep Gulati
E- S S Mallikarjuna Rao has been appointed the new Managing Director of Punjab National Bank, the country's second largest public sector bank. Rao, who was the Managing Director & CEO of Allahabad Bank, will be at the helm of PNB till September 18, 2021 or until further orders, whichever is earlier. He had been the chief executive of Allahabad Bank since September 2018. Prior to that, Rao was the executive director at Syndicate Bank from September 2016.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the appointed executive director for India at IMF?
- Deepa Malik
- Harish Salve
- Surjit Bhalla
- Leeladhar Jagudi
- Economist Surjit Bhalla has been named representative of India in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for three years.
- The post, technically called executive director, fell vacant after Subir Gokarn died in July this year. Bhalla’s appointment comes at a time when India is facing an economic slowdown and the government is struggling hard to revive it.
- In which of the following states is the Floral Festival ‘Bathukamma’ celebrated?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- ‘Bathukamma’ is a floral festival celebrated particularly by the women of Telangana.
- The festival takes place towards the end of the monsoon season, just before the onset of winter. Since a lot of water inflows during monsoons, there is high cultivation of wild flowers in multiple vibrant colors- which are used to celebrate ‘Bathukamma’. The most widely used flowers are ‘gunuka’ (or ‘gunugu’) and ‘tangedu’. Other flowers like the ‘banti’, ‘chamanti’ and ‘nandi-vardhanam’ are also used.
- Traditionally, Bathukamma is all about worshipping the local goddesses of Telangana and revering to their power during the monsoon season.
- When is the World Heart Day observed?
- 21 September
- 22 September
- 23 September
- 29 September
- When was the theme of International Day for Older Person 2019?
- The Journey to Age Equality
- The Target is Age Equality
- The Path to Age Equality
- The Way to Age Equality
- On 14 December 1990, the United Nations General Assembly designated October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons.
- This was preceded by initiatives such as the Vienna International Plan of Action on Ageing, which was adopted by the 1982 World Assembly on Ageing and endorsed later that year by the UN General Assembly.
- In 2002, the Second World Assembly on Ageing adopted the Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing, to respond to the opportunities and challenges of population ageing in the 21st century and to promote the development of a society for all ages.
- What was the theme of International Translation Day 2019?
- Transactional Indigenous Languages
- Translational Indigenous languages
- Translation and Special Languages
- Translation and Indigenous Languages
- International Translation Day is observed on 30 September with the 2019 Theme as"Translation and Indigenous Languages".
- It is meant as an opportunity to pay tribute to the work of language professionals, which plays an important role in bringing nations together, facilitating dialogue, understanding and cooperation, contributing to development and strengthening world peace and security.