SENTENCE OR WORD REARRANGEMENT
In this type of questions, basically, you are given a paragraph or sentence – but the sentences (in case of paragraph) or words (in case of sentence) are not in the right order. It’s up to you to untie this knot and rearrange the sentences or words so that they logically make sense.
Sentences or words rearrangement questions are included in BANK exams as they
- Help students relate events in a logical manner
- Sequence sentences based on English usage skills
HOW TO TACKLE THESE TYPES OF QUESTIONS?
To tackle these types of questions, you have to know three things-
- Theme of the paragraph that might be created on un-jumbling the sentences
- Initiating sentence, which starts the paragraph
- Links have to be found between two sentences. Once a link of this type is created, it becomes easy to eliminate irrelevant choices.
HOW TO SAVE TIME WHILE SOLVING THESE QUESTIONS?
It is very important to read selectively and search for transition words or other keywords.
The best way is to establish a link between any two (or more) statements. Once a link is found, you get to know which statements will come together. Then look in the options. Select the option with those statements together.